Monday, August 30, 2010

#5 Reason I Love Germany: Farm Houses in the Black Forest

A charming farm house in a valley in the Black Forest
The #5 reason I love Germany are the farm houses in the Black Forest.  Nestled into valleys in the Black Forest, they look so idyllic and tranquil that it feels like you are stepping back in time.  We did a hike starting in Simonswald, and were lucky to pass several of these charming farm houses in which we tried to get a glimpse into farm life in the Black Forest.

A farm house in the Black Forest just 200 m from a gorgeous waterfall
I'm sure it looked much more idyllic than it really is, as farming is hard work, but that didn't enter into our thoughts as we dreamily envisioned our new life in the Black Forest.  Take a drive through the Black Forest and you will soon see why the farm houses in the Black Forest are another reason that i love Germany.

See also:  Hiking in the Black Forest and the Black Forest, Places to Visit in Germany and A Photo Journey To the Black Forest

9 comments:

  1. I'm planning on backpacking through Europe this coming winter, and I'd intended on skipping Germany. Your pictures of the Blackwood Forest makes me think I should reconsider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Those houses are absolutely gorgeous! I would love to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful, excluded houses those are. I'd love to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely recommend the Black Forest to anyone visiting Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can be more nice and beautiful then those great houses, made on the blak forest. I found it incredible and tipical to the german nation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this information. I really love your blog because the place is like a paradise. I like place like this wherein you savour the peacefulness of the surrounding. I am looking forward to seeing this place soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled on your blog when I was lookng on google. I have to say that the information here was the most complete that I found anywhere. I am definitely bookmarking this to come back and read later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A best place for the people who loves hiking... The top view of that house is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete