Monday, September 27, 2010

Reason #15 Why I Love Germany: The Rose Garden at the New Castle in Stuttgart

The #15 reason why I love Germany is the rose garden on the side of the New Castle (Neue Schloss) in Stuttgart.  The New Castle in Stuttgart is stunning and the front of the castle rightly so gets all the attention with the Schlossplatz directly in front.  What could be better than lounging in front of a castle?  While this is one of my favorite things to do, I also love the more serene rose gardens on the side of the New Castle in Stuttgart.  Don't get me wrong, it's still busy, but its less busy and just seems more peaceful to me.  It must be all the roses that have the effect of making the space feel so tranquil and calm, even though it is just steps away from the bustling Konig Strasse.  Fortunately for me, it's right on my home from German school, and after a particularly frustrating day of trying to understand German grammar it never fails to calm me down after just spending a couple of minutes there.  Yes, the Rose Garden at the New Castle in Stuttgart is the 15th reason why I love Germany.   If you love Germany, check out Expat in Germany.

15 comments:

  1. The above pic of Rose garden is fantastic. Your home is nearby this garden then it's fantastic with you also. I don't have any great garden nearby my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Germany is an underated country. Nice people, great beer and autobanns with no speed limits !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture! I think some people who have never visited Germany might have the wrong impression of it from the media or things they've read. As you've shown, there are definitely many things to love there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful post.It also remind me being an expat in Germany...sad to say like the Brazilian Frau, my bachelor's degree and work experience as a banker in my home country is also not recognized in Germany......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roses are really wonderful and looks nice and suites the place, make it more elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow,sometimes i want to go to german and see the beautiful scenes with old / classic architecture. nice post

    ReplyDelete
  7. That seriously looks incredible. I've never made it that part of German, but I decided that I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo surely is wonderful! I love roses and it's actually my dream to have such a rose garden as beautiful as the that one in Germany. And yeah, I love Germans too, they're pretty nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i still wonder how many
    varieties of roses this world has, and am sure a few of them is there in Germany. being the queen of flowers always love
    roses.



    flower photo blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love roses and the Rose Garden at the New Castle was really great. I wish I could go to Germany someday and the first thing I want to see is this New Castle in Stuttgart, especially those red beautiful roses. Nice blog and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Germany so much but I must admit that my favourite city is Berlin!
    However, im tempted to visit Stuttgart now after seeing this gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura - I haven't made it to Berlin yet, but I've heard great things about it. Stuttgart is definitely worth checking out if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of the word 'Bed of Roses'. But, first time coming across the picture of it in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.. It is the first I saw a castle fool of rose in their garden.. I love roses so much and I was very amazed. I wish i could go to Germany just to visit this place of roses. I do want to know how to grow a rose plant in the garden in order look like this one. I want also to greet the photographer.. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now look at the roses. These are very refreshing to look at. It can calm a chaotic mind. This is also the reason why I still got my garden even if our house doesn't have have that much space to plant flowers on. Every after my work, when I feel so tired I just go to my garden and look at the variety of flowers I have. It makes me feel calm and even makes me go to sleep along with the classical music I usually would like to listen to. Thanks for sharing this beautiful garden. I am really interested to visit this one too, if given the chance to go to Germany.

    ReplyDelete