Monday, September 20, 2010

Reason #14 Why I Love Germany: Vineyards in Germany

Vineyards in Germany overlooking the charming city of Stuttgart
The 14th reason I love Germany are all the vineyards in Germany.  I am fortunate to live in Stuttgart, a charming city in a valley lined with vineyards, with over 250 different wines coming from the region, many of them very reasonably priced.  
Soon the vineyards in Germany will be a busy place - grape picking time!
An additional bonus of vineyards in Germany, is that many of them have walking paths through them so you can not only enjoy the great views offered by the vineyards, but also check on the status of the grapes, to see when next season's wine will be ready.  The Stuttgarter Weindorf is a wine festival held every August which wine lovers anticipate all year long. You can see why vineyards in Germany are another reason why I love Germany!  Prost!

15 comments:

  1. i used to live "am" bodensee and it is so much fun. perfect area to relaxe and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reason,i would like to tell,is one of the strongest reason that makes Germany very beautiful than all other countries in the world. When you walk through the that path of vineyards,you feel totally crazy as fantastic fragrance brings the surrounding atmosphere absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting article....Germany is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are going to go Oktoberfest? I heard its an exciting event in munich...anyway like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very interesting post about Germany with great and valuable pointers here that I had never known of. Thanks for passing on this info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are many through enjoy the great views offered by the vineyards, but also check on the status of the grapes, to see when next season's wine will be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome post which gives me real information about Germany. I hope I will visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know that in Germany also grew grapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pictures of the vineyards. I am a big fan of all things wine and the Stuttgarter Weindorf seems like such a good idea, I will be sure to visit the festival next August. Thanks for the great article. Can't wait to see all of the 500 reasons!! Let me know if you would be interested in doing a guest post at vagobond.com - my readers would love this. http://www.vagobond.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comments everyone! Pete, I'm going to Cannstatter, the beer festival held in Stuttgart.

    Vagobond, I would love to do a guest post for you. Please let me know the next steps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's great that you can walk along the vineyards. This is something you can't do (well, can't unless the farmer allows!) so much in the South of France but I love the smell of vineyards! Really good post, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice post. You share a very nice information that is very useful for a lot peoples. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's absolutely a superb blog about the beauty of German vineyards. It is always a delight to read your posts as I learn a lot from your thoughtful insights. Thanks for sharing with us. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have almost covered the entire picture of Germany in your Blog.I don't think you've left any places in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you tested german wine ? I have to confess there is very little talk about german wine here in France

    ReplyDelete