Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reason #13: Why I Love Germany: German Architecture, the Illertal Ost Rest Haus

Eye catching German architecture, the outside of the Illertal Ost Rest Haus
The #13th reason that I love Germany is German architecture, but this post takes a lighter look at German architecture in  the form of the Illertal Ost Rest Haus in southern Germany.  The Illertal Ost Rest Haus is a fully functioning rest haus that we stop at everytime we drive by.  It makes me smile every time I see it and the architect's zaney  imagination is clear as is his sense of humor - children will love it. The Illertal Ost Rest Haus may be unconvetional German architecture, but that's makes it so special.  Take a look at photos of the Illertal Ost Rest Haus and see what you think of this piece of wacky German architecture. 
Each section of the Illertal Ost  Rest Haus has a different theme in this unique piece of German architecture
Another section of the Illertal Ost Rest Haus
The Illertal Ost Rest Haus acts not only as a piece of German architecture, but is also very functional
Imaginative sculptures line the perimeter of the Illertal Ost
 See Google Maps for location of the Illertal Ost Rest Haus

What are your thoughts on this piece of German architecture?  If you want to see more of Germany, check out Expat in Germany

13 comments:

  1. These places are beautiful and wild with color. I had a really good friend in high school from Germany, who returned there after Senior year. I've always wanted to visit! The architecture is so unique, it reminds me of something out of a movie or a dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking to Illertal Ost Rest Haus, i again fall in love with Germany and like to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....! These places are very beautiful and i am interested to visit Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah, the house is so cute. This is how I always imagined my dream house to look like in my younger years

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing architecture of the house, cool place and design. i like this too much

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have got to say that I love the images of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you German Architecture is really good no doubt on that its shown on your picture i must say your picture is really good

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've driven by this place many times but never stopped. Guess I better if it's one of your reasons for loving Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you seen any of Hundertwasser's stuff? He's got a similar style. Germany's so full of surprises, isn't it?! =P Hang in there w/the Deutsch Kurse...I'd say it'll pass, but Dativ just always bites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every man love to go vacation. They are trying to relief. Man tired for day by day work. I am also love to go vacation. So looking for good post.keep working.


    Thanking
    Breckenridge Vacations Rentals

    ReplyDelete
  11. After seeing this architecture, I have no choice but to concede your point. Germany is completely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. seemed they wanna entertain children first, with those humorous looks. believe those people who can engineer the masterpiece designs of bimmers and merces can do great with building architecture too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Because of it's architecture,this place seems to be the abundance tourist attractive place.

    ReplyDelete