Thursday, September 2, 2010

Reason #7 Why I Love Germany: Dresden Historical Center


The Frauenkirsche, the most famous landmark in the Dresden Historical Center
The #7 reason I love Germany is the Dresden historical center.  In WWII, approximately 75% of the Dresden Historical Center was bombed, but Germany has done an exceptional job of restoring the Dresden Historical center to its former glory.   Dresden is a popular tourist spot with Germans, but not as much so for international tourists.  Germans love the Dresden Historical Center.  My German fiance insisted that I see the Dresden Historical Center so we drove over 500km just to see it.  It was worth the long trip - a palace, cathedral, church, opera house, place for court festivities, museums,you name it, you can find it in the Dresden Historical Center.  Dresden Historical Center is best seen in person or if that's not possible in photos.  Now can you see why the Dresden Historical Center is another reason I love Germany.  If you love Germany check out Expat in Germany

The Royal Palace in the Dresden Historical Center, another reason I love Germany



The Zwinger - a place where court festivities were held in the Dresden Historical Center. 


The cathedral in the Dresden Historical Center.

11 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Germany has many historical places which have still beauty. Dresden historical center is also one of the great place. I love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Germany is such a beautiful place to visit. the pictures are great! People of Germany for sure are proud for having a historical place like Dresden Historical Center. I want to include this in my travel plans to see its actual beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half my family lives in Germany, due to my father, being German. After school, I decided to live in Germany, but came back home after 2 years, because of studies. It was a great experience and loved many of the German dishes. Did not actually see Dresden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really it is beautiful place.. i never watch such type of buildings..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best baked cheesecakes in the world are made all over Germany, including right here in our little dorf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments everyone. I would highly recommend visiting Dresden if you ever get the chance, it truly is a beautiful city.

    I would also agree with you on the cheesecakes. Desserts in Germany are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dresden is my favourite city in Germany! I was there just once only but I hope I'll come back soon. I live in Prague and recommend this city for a one-day trip from Prague.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I just took a summer vacation and spent a month in Europe. Germany was one of our favorite places, and I love the image you have shared here! It really brought back some fond memories of our time there, and the history that awaits those who have yet to experience it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great restoration work on this monument. Would like to see it with my own eyes someday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post..Germany has many historical places..After reading your post i am become curious to visit germany one day...

    ReplyDelete