Friday, October 15, 2010

Reason #18 Why I Love Germany: Parks in Germany

The 18th reason why I love Germany are all the parks in Germany and the fact that the parks in Germany actually get a lot of use.  I find this different than in Canada where some parks get a lot of use but many don't.  My theory is that in Canada, many people have back yards where they can put swing sets, or sit outside on their patio, so Canadians enjoy the outdoors, but they just in their own backyards.

In Germany it's quite different.  Many Germans do not have a back yard as real estate in Germany is very expensive and perhaps this lack of outdoor space drives them to the parks in Germany.  Regardless of whether this theory is right, I enjoy seeing families and friends having a picnic at a park in Germany and seeing playgrounds filled with energetic children.  Parks in Germany are also frequently around historic sites.  In Stuttgart the Schlossplatz is a popular park in Germany where you get a front row view of the Neusschschloss.  The parks in Germany are another reason why I love Germany.  If you love Germany, check out Expat in Germany.

Parks in Germany photo above is of the Schlossplatz in Stuttgart.  Courtesy of author.

10 comments:

  1. The parks are well maintained in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!

    Here in the U.S. we have parks, but just like in Canada (as you mentioned) they don't really get used that much.

    I think I agree -- It's because here in America it's easy to buy some land that will leave you enough space to have a back yard to enjoy.

    Either way, all those parks seem very relaxing and a great way to de-stress.

    Can't wait for the next reason you love Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Germany. I went last summer and fell in love with the atmosphere. More people should look into visiting this beautiful nation. I fully agree with you because the parks there are very well maintained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just reading through to learn more about Germany - and already, looks like your reasons to love Germany are slowly becoming mine too! Nice blog!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my parents visited Germany for the first time, they went to Stuttgart... When they came back, they couldn't stop talking about just how different it is to be in a park in Germany where outdoor quality time with family is mostly spent.


    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Germany. I went last summer and fell in love with the atmosphere. More people should look into visiting this beautiful nation. I fully agree with you because the parks there are very well maintained.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you that Canadian and Indians have lot of space to have a front yard or back yard. They can make their kids entertain by setting up swing and other outdoor activities.

    I love Germany for the majestic historic buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been only once in Germany, but I noticed that everything - parks, roads, houses are well mainteined. Germans really like order!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you love the german parks, you should definitly visit the Tiergarten in Berlin! For me it is really impressive to have such a big and beautiful park in the center of such a big city!

    ReplyDelete